Mar 17: Day 33
- Run: 5 minutes Z1, 5 minutes Z2, 3 x (2 minutes Z4/2 minutes Z1) 8 minutes Z1
- Swim: 300 yd Z1, 1400 yd Z2, 300 yd Z1
Weight: 174 (huh?)
Happy St Patricks Day for those who celebrate it in some form! I make a point of NOT wearing green because I’m contrary. Also because it’s not really a color I care for and I don’t have much of it anyway. I’m more of a black, red and purple guy.
I’m glad that “Fake Patty’s Day” was last week when it was snowing. Tomorrow I want to actually get out on my bike, and it is supposed to be beautiful. Last weekend the snow was mostly the reason I stayed in, but also because of the thousands of knuckleheads that swarm Manhattan KS on Fake Patty’s Day, basically just to get drunk and be obnoxious. Here’s the wrap-up of this year’s annual “fun”:
- 289 calls to police for service, with
- 18 reports of disturbing the peace
- 30 reports of illegal parking
- 15 unwanted persons
- 15 crash reports
- 44 arrests, including:
- 9 driving under the influence
- 7 possession of marijuana
- 5 possession of drug paraphernalia
- 10 disorderly conduct
- 8 minors in possession or consumption of alcohol
- 391 citations, including:
- 122 possession of an open container of alcohol
- 123 parking violations
- 57 minors in possession or consumption of alcohol
And this is a down year. It’s usually far worse.
I love fun as much as anyone, but you can probably imagine why I don’t really care to be on the roads on a bike on a day like this. If you’re curious about the gory details of some of this stuff, check it out here for a blow by blow.
Today’s run was tough. I did my intervals, but was flagging on the last one. I hadn’t fully recovered from last night’s bike, clearly. Also, for some reason my body decided to bloat up again. If you’ve ever gotten up and FELT bloated and knew the results of the scale before you got on, that was me this morning. And for no particular reason I can pinpoint. Oh well–I can only control what I can control.
Meanwhile, wish my UC Davis Aggies luck tonight, they will need it!